After almost 4 weeks without internet, today Tuesday the 11th, they have finally installed it for me at home. It is time to continue writing articles about our beloved “sport”. And what better way to start than with an article about this incredible fruit.
You have most likely eaten this mysterious fruit before. Probably in your salads or even on your toasts.
The fruit I am referring to is the avocado .
Avocados are a misunderstood fruit. For one thing, it is often mistaken as a vegetable, but what is even more surprising is that many people believe that it should be avoided due to its high fat content. If you are one of those people then you are wrong. Avocados are packed with a ton of nutrients and may still play a role in weight loss and reducing your risk of various diseases.
Who cares if they are high in fat. The fats in avocados are good for bodybuilders because they are monounsaturated.
Benefits for bodybuilders and for health in general
- According to online nutrition data, an avocado (approximately 201g) contains 422 calories and 40 grams of fat – which means that approximately 81% of its calories come from fat. But we are not talking about bad fats; We’re talking about the goodies – monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA).
- This fat is known to lower cholesterol. But the best thing is that while lowering bad cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein – LDL), simultaneously increasing good cholesterol (high-density lipoprotein – HDL).
- Lowering LDL cholesterol alone may not be enough for people at high risk for heart disease. This is what makes avocado so good! Its high levels of MUFA raise and lower good and bad cholesterol respectively, making it an even more effective fruit to help reduce the risk of heart disease.
- The monounsaturated fats in avocado help burn fat and maintain lean tissue. A study published in the Journal of Nutrition in 2010 established that, “The monounsaturated fats found in avocados are easily burned for fuel during exercise and actually stimulate fat burning.”
- Avocado fats also preserve lean body mass during weight loss …
- Avocados also contain a very interesting carbohydrate called mannoheptulose, a sugar that actually blocks the release of insulin and increases the absorption of calcium, both of which are essential to encourage fat loss.
- Aside from its heart-healthy properties, Did you know that an avocado is considered a complete protein source? That means it contains all nine essential amino acids: histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine , methionine, phenylalanine, Theronine, Trypotophan and valine. For fitness lovers and for bodybuilders, this is excellent news! This means that eating avocado will help ensure that our bodies have what they need to regain and build new muscle. There are many fruits and vegetables that contain amino acids, but what makes avocado unique is that it does not leave any amino acids out. This is extremely important when repairing muscle tissue, « if an essential amino acid is missing, the body cannot adequately continue protein synthesis «
- Nutrition facts online also claim that an avocado contains 13g of fiber – which is more fiber than 1½ cups of oatmeal! But what’s really interesting is that avocado contains both soluble and insoluble fiber.
It’s hard to believe there’s still something positive to say about avocado – it seems we’ve already covered everything! But, there is something else.
The avocado has another unique property; It contains three powerful antioxidants that help protect our bodies against free radicals – vitamins C, E and beta-carotene (precursor of vitamin A).
“These antioxidants play a very important role in helping to prevent diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer’s disease and macular degeneration.”